返回列表 回復 發帖

[世界賽車比賽] Tension evident despite Webber's win

Mark Webber may have claimed the victoryin the British GP but comments passed over the team radio made itevident there's tension within the camp.
In the immediate aftermath of Saturday's qualifying it becameclear that all was not well at Red Bull Racing after the team handedWebber's new specification front wing to his team-mate, SebastianVettel, literally taking it off the Aussie's car.
And Webber was not happy.

The Aussie, though, rose above it to take the victory in Sunday'sBritish GP, surviving a start-line tussle with his team-mate, which sawVettel attempt to close the door on Webber only to be pushed wide.
After Webber crossed the line for the victory, team bossChristian Horner said over the in-car radio, said: "Well done Mark, youcan smile now."
And while the more cynical of us repeat those words with a rather facetious tone, Webber's response said it all.
"Well done guys - not bad for a number two driver!" he said.
Webber's disgust with his team's behaviour carried over into thepost-race press conference where he clearly stated what many must havebeen thinking.
"Yesterday was really a unique situation, and it was the first time we had one bit.
"I would never have signed a contract for next year if I believed that was the way going forward.
"I was disappointed. We will see how it goes in the future, I will keep doing what I am doing and I hope it is enough.
"I have had a few hurdles in my career, sometimes privately aswell, so I think you can judge a person's character by how they comeback from adversity. Some drivers have that, I've had a bit more thanothers.
"It can work but obviously it is not how long is a piece ofstring - you have to make sure it is not constantly happening becauseit can test you too much but if the balance is right it can put somefuel on the fire."
The 33-year-old now plans to have a little chat with his team about this weekend's events.
"Yesterday I wasn't happy, clearly, and I am sure we will have some pretty decent chats tomorrow."
But for Sunday at least, it "went well for me... and that is it.
"An appointment with Karma? Yeah."
返回列表