返回列表 回復 發帖

[輕度改裝] Exhaust system

Hi I need help with another topic
I want to know would exhaust system improve my car power? And what does Exhaust system do and how does it work.
Your car'sexhaust system carries away the gases created when the fuel and air areburned in the combustion chamber. These gases are harmful to humans andour environment. Make sure there are no holes in the exhaust system orin the passenger compartment where exhaust fumes could enter. Below isa listing of the parts of the exhaust system and their functions.

Exhaust manifold:  The exhaust manifold attaches to the cylinder headand takes each cylinder's exhaust and combines it into one pipe. Themanifold can be made of steel, aluminum, stainless steel, or morecommonly cast iron.  

Oxygen sensor:  All modern fuel injected cars utilize an oxygen sensorto measure how much oxygen is present in the exhaust. From this thecomputer can add or subtract fuel to obtain the correct mixture formaximum fuel economy. The oxygen sensor is mounted in the exhaustmanifold or close to it in the exhaust pipe.

Catalytic converter:  This part converts harmful carbon monoxide andhydrocarbons to water vapor and carbon dioxide. Some converters alsoreduce harmful nitrogen oxides. The converter is mounted between theexhaust manifold and the silencer box (muffler).

Silencer Box (Muffler):  The silencer box serves to quiet the exhaustdown to acceptable levels. Remember that the combustion process is aseries of explosions that create a lot of noise. Most silencer boxesuse baffles to bounce the exhaust around dissipating the energy andquieting the noise. Some also use fiberglass packing which absorbs thesound energy as the gases flow through.

Exhaust pipe:  Between all of the above mention parts is the exhaustpipe which carries the gas through it's journey out your tail pipe.Exhaust tubing is usually made of steel or aluminized steel tubing.
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件
How does my exhaust system work?

How does my exhaust system work?It's only when you hear or drive a car with a damaged silencer that you realise what a huge difference it makes to reducing noise levels.

And the way a silencer works is quite fascinating. It contains a deceptively simple set of tubes that are finely tuned to reflect the sound waves produced by an engine so that they cancel each other out.

If there is a hole in the silencer then the sound waves are no longer forced through the tubes and escape outside - increasing the noise level.

Other key components of your exhaust include exhaust pipes that are designed specifically for each car model and route exhaust fumes to the exit at the back of the car.

The exhaust manifold acts as a funnel. It collects exhaust gases from all cylinders of the engine then releases them through a single opening, often referred to as the front pipe. Click here to view an exhaust system.

The exhaust centre section works with the silencer to reduce noise and the tail pipe at the rear carries gases away from the vehicle. All of the components of an exhaust system are connected with a series of clamps, hangers, flanges and gaskets.
一般汽車改cat.back係會少少改進,大約多兩匹
最明顯是改manifold,改manifold可以多大約十匹
好多人講改完cat.back好力左好多,我覺得這只是心理因素,加車條喉大聲左,隻腳又踩深左,又點會唔好力D呢
Thank you for your help 4# carwing

销售猎枪@销售@气枪★156-0667-8009★虎头牌猎枪@出售

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
so in this case would anyone change manifold first instead of cat back due to power demand?
i have a STI. it actually increased 15+ HP by change the center pipe and the cat back. so, it all depends on what kind of car.
nice! thankyou

《宁波汽车干扰器》《浙江汽车遥控信号干扰器》15514273312〗

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
请问我的vios前面是原装4出一,中间箱有两个可是我改去一个可是是大的,然后后面是S箱。。。。前面要改4出2出1还是原装别动?
返回列表