返回列表 回復 發帖

[新聞] Rooney suffers fracture of his left foot

LONDON, Aug 12 (Reuters) - England striker Wayne Rooney suffered a hairline fracture of his left foot in Manchester United's 0-0 draw with Reading on Sunday, the Premier League champions announced.

'The England striker was substituted at halftime after being caught by Michael Duberry as the Royals defender tried to block a shot,' United said.

'Although Rooney did briefly play on after receiving treatment, Sir Alex Ferguson opted not to risk any further injury by fielding him in the second half, and a post-match hospital scan has validated that decision.

'The result of Rooney's scan has worsened a frustrating opening day of the season, and as yet there is no timescale of his recovery.'

Ferguson had been hoping for the best immediately after Sunday's season opener at Old Trafford, saying: 'It was painful, he couldn't really stand on it.

'I don't think it's the same injury as the last, obviously we hope and pray that that's the case.

'But it was sore and it started to swell so there was no point in trying anything for the second half.'

However, the hospital confirmed the worst fears for Ferguson, who had underlined Rooney's absence for the second half.

'I think the loss of Wayne Rooney was obvious,' the Scot said

無人用.   你個迪維斯幾時出得 :024:
when can tevez play for MU???
Ferguson say might give Teves his debut when vs Porsthmouth lar....好期待啊
latest update for my post....

<>

Certainly, he will miss United's forthcoming Premier League encounters with Portsmouth, Manchester City and Tottenham this month and matches against Sunderland, Everton, Chelsea and Birmingham in September.

With Rooney out and both Louis Saha and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer only returning to training after long-term injuries last week, Ferguson seems certain to hand Carlos Tevez his debut at Fratton Park on Wednesday.

'I was considering using Carlos at Portsmouth anyway but obviously, he will come into our thoughts even more now,' Ferguson said after the Reading match. :scare:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z253/crashersus/rooney-412.jpg

for those MU's fans seeing this pic....cool down...althought he is da 1 that took Rooney's foot away..:024: :024:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z253/crashersus/rooney-413.jpg
yaya...the news say that he will miss two month out of the imjured..
paper or repoter said mayb will take 2months leh
so bad...hope tevez can play n perform welllllllllllllllll
原帖由 HIDE 於 2007-8-13 01:44 PM 發表。
無人用.   你個迪維斯幾時出得 :024:
爆粗

快 d 買個前鋒返嚟喇
返回列表