返回列表 回復 發帖

RAFA: STEVIE WON'T BE AFFECTED

Rafa Benitez is confident Steven Gerrard's form will not be affected by the car accident that left a schoolboy with a broken leg.  
The incident took place in Birkdale on Monday, but the Spaniard insists it won't rule his skipper out of Wednesday's Champions League group game against Marseille.

Benitez said: "I was talking with him this morning and he's fine. He was disappointed but he's spoken to the boy and his family and everything is okay.

"He was driving slowly so it is not a problem.

"He is ready to play. This morning he was training normally."

SAMI: DJIBRIL IS DANGEROUS

Sami Hyypia admits Anfield old boy Djibril Cisse has the potential to dent Liverpool's Champions League hopes on Wednesday night.  
The Frenchman is returning to Merseyside for the first time since his summer move to Marseille – and Hyypia is in no doubt about the threat posed.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It will be interesting. I have played against him before when he was at Auxerre – that was before he came to Liverpool.

"Of course he has his speed, so we are going to have to think about how we deal with him. I have trained against him many times, so it shouldn't be that difficult to know how to play against him.

"He is a very dangerous player with a good goalscoring record, so we have to be very careful with him."

Another of Hyypia's former teammates, Bolo Zenden, is also set to return tomorrow night, and the Big Finn is sure to reserve a special welcome for a player he regards as a close friend.

"It will be very nice to see Bolo back because he's a very good friend of mine. After the draw he called me right away and we talked about how nice it was going to be to play against each other."

While Zenden may not have always been fully appreciated in the Anfield terraces, Hyypia believes his attitude remains a shining example of how players should deal with rotation.

The 33-year-old said: "He brought a professional attitude. Sometimes he was in the team, sometimes he wasn't, but he kept training as hard as he could and was ready when we needed him.

"When he played he always gave 100 per cent. That's how every player should be. Everyone wants to play every game, but there's only 11 places on the pitch. You have to be ready when your chance comes.

"He is the perfect example of this because he waited for his chance and played in many important games at the end of last season."
gerrard is good person :onion31:
返回列表