返回列表 回復 發帖

BOSS: RECORD-BREAKERS CAN IMPROVE

Rafa Benitez has warned his defenders they can still improve – even after the club's meanest start to a season in 30 years.  
No Liverpool team since 1977-78 has let in fewer goals in their opening seven games.

The Reds have yet to concede from open play in the Premier League or Champions League this season.

Pepe Reina's net has been breached only by three penalties, one of which was an extremely dubious decision against Chelsea.

However, Benitez insists now is not the time for his defenders to rest on their laurels.

"I think we are defending well, but I also think we can improve. I am sure we can improve," declared the Spaniard.

"You can analyse some games and ask 'why did we make this mistake or that mistake?' And I say we can improve.

"Consistency in defence and not conceding goals is so important. I think that we can improve a little bit by stopping teams from creating chances."

Meanwhile, Steve Finnan believes three wins out of three at home in the Champions League group stages has to be the aim for him and his teammates – starting against Marseille tonight.

He said: "We'll certainly be looking to win all our games at Anfield. With those nine points as well as the draw in Porto, that could see us through to the next round.

"Having said that, we've always got results away from home in Europe so we know we can do that if need be."
返回列表