返回列表 回復 發帖
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2011-10-12 06:58 PM 編輯
Unfortunately, there is no CA speaker available to me. so I pick KEF as I thought they should be along similar style
drjoydavid 發表於 2011-10-3 09:02 AM
Your Cambridge Audio Amp and PreAmp should go very nicely with a pair of floor standing KEF speakers.  I suppose if you chose these type of combination, you are using it mainly to listen to music, or orchestral music and not so much for home cinema movie.
I used to use the Quad 405 mkII with a Quad 45 preamp and output to a pair of Mordaunt Short Pageant Speakers, I was ever so happy with them.
Then  I changed to a home cinema setup, using an Onkyo receiver, and a pair of Mordaunt Short 906 speakers at the front end, a Celestial center piece, a pair of Digital Audio speakers on the side, and the Pageant at the back, they work like magic.  I have a Roger 10" active Sub too, but the 906 is more than sufficient to cover the whole range.
So my suggestion is to get a pair of nice floor standing Kef, and you wouldn't need to get a sub for your system.  The Cambridge Audio is a great choice, but you do need to invest on a pair of good speakers to so the full range of music can really come out nice and crisp.  Get a pair of Kef 205 if they are still available, you will never regret it.
A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
11# drjoydavid
Look out on the second hand market, you may never know your luck.
Actually, I've still got my QUAD 405 and 45 Pre Amp just sitting there gathering dust.  I remember I paid a little fortune for them years back too.
A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
返回列表