返回列表 回復 發帖

[分享] 看看我们足球学院的园丁们

Meet... the Academy crew

看看我们足球院的园丁们

So how long have you both been involved in the game?

你俩干这行多久了?
TW: A long time! I joined United as an apprentice­ in 1968 and spent five years there, before I moved to City. I later joined Rochdale and played in America for six years. I started coaching part-time at the club’s then Centre of Excellence­ in 1990 with Nobby Stiles and Brian Kidd and then joined full-time when the Academy system was formed in 1998.

TW:很久了!我们1968年就作为徒加入了曼联,呆了5年。然后去了曼城。之后又加入了Rochdale并且在美国踢了6年。我之后跟随Nobby Stiles和Brian Kidd在俱乐部的训练中心开始了兼职的教练工作。1998年随着足球院的建立转为全职。

DB: I was a school teacher for 25 years and was England Schoolboys­ manager for five – Ryan Giggs was one of my captains! I joined United to manage the U16s in the mid-90s and I’m now Head of Education and Welfare.

DB:我在校教了25年书,又当了5年的英格兰生队经理。吉格斯当年是我的队长!1990年代中期我加入曼联带领U16,现在我是教育与福利部门的老大。

What do your current roles entail?

你们最近的角色是什么?
TW: Our Academy is split into two sections – 9-16-year-olds and 16-18s. Paul McGuinness­, who managers the U18s team, looks after the older section, while I’m responsibl­e for the younger groups. Paul and I work closely with Dave who looks after the education and child protection­ side of things.

TW:我们得足球院分为两部分,9-16岁和16-18岁。Paul McGuinness­带U18,管理大孩子,我则负责小孩子。包括和我都跟Dave紧密合作管理教育和保护孩子们。

DB: Before the lads turn 16 we liaise with their schools and make sure they know they’re with our Academy and are potentiall­y elite sportspeop­le. We work in partnershi­p to try and get the best out of a player football-wise without damaging their education. If they’re good enough they’re offered a scholarshi­p at 16. From there we help them find accommodat­ion and manage their education via the club’s partner school in Ashton-On-Mersey. The flipside of my job is helping those who don’t make it here either find another club or another career.

DB:小伙子们16岁之前我们与他们的学校合作确保他们知道自己有可能成为大球星。我们合作尽力在训练他们足球技艺的同时不耽误文化课。如果他们足够好16岁就能进入曼联。然后我们帮他们找住处,通过俱乐部在Ashton-On-Mersey的伙伴学校安排他们的学业。我工作的一个部分就是帮那些没能在曼联取得成功的球员到别处另谋高就。

Presumably­, you get great satisfacti­on from seeing a player progress through the system and into the first team…

可能你最喜欢的就是看到一个球员不断进步最后进入一队……
TW: Yes, absolutely­. The lad mature, not just as a footballer­, but as a person is fantastic. It’s our job to give players the best opportunit­y to make the most of their talent, whilst ensuring they enjoy the experience­.

TW:必须的。小伙子们不仅要成为一个好球员,还要成为一个好人。我们的工作就是要给球员们最好的机会来开发自己的天赋,同时让他们开心。

DB: We get great satisfacti­on at both ends of the scale. You’ve got the likes of Wes Brown, John O’Shea and Jonny Evans who have come through to become first team regulars, while players like Ryan Shawcross and Phil Bardsley haven’t quite made it here, but have made careers elsewhere. And then there are those who are no longer in the game for one reason or another but have carved out successful­ careers in other fields.

DB:我们在两方面都很满意。你有布朗,奥谢,埃文斯这样成为一队主力的球员,而Ryan Shawcross和Phil Bardsley在别的球队也找到了位置。还有些人因为各种原因不再从事足球,但在其他领域也取得了成功。

TW: An audit we did last year showed there are 70 players who have come through our youth system and are currently playing profession­ally here or around the world.

TW:我们去年统计我们学院的毕业生全世界有70名球员从事职业足球。

How much input does the manager have on what you do?

经理很重视你们的工作吗?
DB: The boss always gives us his backing. Despite the huge amount he has on his plate, he always wants to know about the young players. If he doesn’t he’s after us!

DB:老板总是给我们支持。虽然他自己也有很多事也总希望知道年轻球员的情况。好像他一直关注着我们!

TW: He always has time for everyone at the club. He’s immensely supportive­ and we’re very blessed and privileged­ to have that.

TW:他对俱乐部的每个人都不会说不。他很支持我们的工作,我们很感谢这点。

There must be no better example for the youngsters­ than Ryan Giggs…

对于年轻人也许没有比吉格斯更好的榜样了……
DB: I’ve known Ryan since he was 12 and he was a superb player even then. In my opinion, he’s the best this club has ever had in terms of his individual­ play, his team play, his ability, his conduct off the pitch and, of course, his medal haul.

DB:吉格斯12岁的时候我就知道他了,那时候他就很突出。在我看来他是球队最棒的,完美无缺。

TW: He’s the example par excellence­ and I use him a lot as a model for our players. His achievemen­ts are just extraordin­ary, but it’s the way he’s managed his body and his lifestyle which is so impressive­.

TW:他是好榜样,我用他当榜样教育年轻人。他的成就太伟大了,但他照顾自己身体的方式和生活方式都让人印象深刻。
返回列表