返回列表 回復 發帖

湖人消息:Ebanks和Caracter有希望留下来

,  描述: Where Amazing Happens!
The Los Angeles Lakers didn't pick in the first round of the NBA Draft but General Manager Mitch Kupchak had two second-round selections to work with. At 43, the Lakers chose small forward Devin Ebanks and at 58 they added power forward Derrick Caracter.
湖人并没有第一轮的选秀权,但总经理米奇还有两个第二轮的选秀权。第二轮第43顺位,湖人选择了小前锋Devin Ebanks,而第58顺位,则是大前锋Derrick Caracter。

Ebanks, at 6'9", 215 pounds, is a rangy, perimeter defender who can slash and cut. Historically he's a poor three-point shooter but in the early games of the Las Vegas Summer League, Devin has shown an improved stroke.
Ebanks,身高6尺9寸,体重215磅,可以削减对方的外线,是一个挺好的外线防守者。然而他的三分命中率却很低,但在这个夏季联赛,他在这方面已经有了改进了。

With an uncanny resemblance to former Laker Trevor Ariza, Ebanks may get the opportunity to play a similar role off the bench for the Lakers.
"Everybody says that [about Ariza] but I'm just trying to play like Devin Ebanks. Everybody says I look like him and we but I'm just trying to focus on me," said the Ebanks

还有一个不可思议的地方就是他长得非常像前湖人球员阿里扎,他很有可能会成为湖人的一个角色球员,会有机会可以发挥。
“每个人都说我长得像他,其实我只是很努力的用我自己的方式来成为我自己。像不像也没什么,我只是想更加专注于比赛。”
Caracter is a little undersized at 6'9" but listed at 265 he's got a lot of body despite losing a considerable amount of weight.
Caracter虽然身高也有6尺9寸,但他的体重却达到了265磅,尽管他已经在努力减肥了。

Derrick has been an NBA prospect since high school before struggling to live up the hype at the college level. He's looking forward to putting those days behind him.
Caracter其实想从高中就进入NBA的了,现在经历了大学一年的磨炼,终于可以进NBA了。一切都是新的开始,必须向前看,而忘记以前的成绩。

"With a last name like mine, they'll never forget about the character issues. Some say it's good; some say it's bad," said Derek. "What's most important is that my family and friends know who I am. I just go out here and prove to these people that I'm here and I'm here to stay. I just take one day at a time."
“像我这种几乎是最后一名被选到的,他们从来不会忘记我的性格的。这其中有好的,也有坏的。”Caracter说到,“现在最重要的就是我的家人和朋友都知道我是怎样的一个人,我来到这里,而他们都是一直在支持着我的,我能够呆在这里,我就必须证明给他们看的。”

Both Ebanks and Caracter have to make the squad. As second-rounders, their contracts won't necessarily be guaranteed initially by the Lakers.
"For second-round picks they played well. That's what summer league is for to see what they can do," said Kupchak. "A lot of times if they play well at summer league what that really means is that they're worthy of an invitation to veteran's camp. So that's what they're trying to do right now, get invited to veteran's camp and so far so good."

“现在他们能够做的,就是在夏季联赛好好的表现自己。”库普切克说,“很多时候,只要是他们表现得好,我们就会关注他们,让他们加入到我们的阵容中来。现在他们就是在做这样的事情,也希望会有更多的球队能够邀请他们,越多越好。”

After two hot shooting nights to start the summer, Ebanks has cooled some. Through four games, he's averaged 16.0 points on 41.4% shooting with 1.5 steals a game.
Caracter notched three straight double-doubles before breaking the streak on Tuesday against the Sacramento Kings. Through four, Derrick has put up 16.8 points a night on 60.4% shooting with 9.3 boards and 1.5 blocks a game.

经过了两场热的手感之后,Ebanks的手感冷了下来。在4场比赛当中,他拿到了16分,41%的投篮命中率,还有1.5个抢断。而Caracter则是场均16.8分,60.4%的投篮命中率,9.3篮板,1.5个盖帽。

That kind of performance from Caracter may interest some international squads potentially offering more than the minimum contract the Lakers can offer.
Right now Derrick is just focused on making it to and through training camp to the regular season with the Lakers.

而这样的表现会让他们可以争取比湖人更高的报价。现在Caracter只想好好训练,尽自己最大的能力,希望能在常规赛中帮到湖人。
"It starts off with finishing off strong the rest of my summer, getting invited to veteran's camp," said Caracter. "Take one day at a time through the season and help in whatever way possible, whether it's 15 seconds or 15 minutes - try to help L.A. keep winning."
“我的全部精力都会花费在夏季联赛和训练营上。”Caracter说道。“不管能够出场多少时间,我都会尽自己最大的努力,帮湖人取得胜利。”

Ebanks feels the same way. "I could have went higher [in the draft] but I'm happy I'm here. I get a chance to play with the world champs - hopefully I'll make the roster."
Kupchak is just happy that he has two prospects that have a real shot to make the squad, given L.A.'s draft position.

Ebanks的想法也是一样的。“也许我本来会有更高的顺位,但我很高兴我能够在这里,为冠军球队效力,我希望能够进入湖人的大名单。”

"They're both high quality players. It's unlikely. It's kind of a function of where you're drafted - it doesn't always work out that way," said Kupchak. "Typically second-round picks have to work harder to make the roster - so that's what they're going to have to do."
“他们都是有天赋的球员,这个是不大可能的,也不可能老在选秀大会上那么的幸运的。”米奇说,“第二轮的选秀只有通过更加的努力才能够进入大名单,接下来我们得看到他们努力的训练,以及效果。”

Caracter wants to help the Lakers beat teams like the Miami HEAT. He's kept a close eye on the summer's developments like the rest of the NBA.
Caracter很想帮助湖人打败热火,他在比赛期间也知道NBA发生了什么事。

"You see guys now teaming up with each other just to get a ring. It's not an accident, those guys are like that. It goes to show you that championships are important," said Derrick. "There are a lot of great players that are great but because they never won a championship, they were never held to a certain standard."
“你看现在那三个家伙聚在一起就是为了一个总冠军戒指,这不是什么意外,他们就是想这样做的,而这也正好说明了,总冠军是多么的重要。”Caracter说到,“现在有很多伟大的球员都没有得过总冠军戒指,就是因为他们没有一直保持在那样的水准。”

By what they've shown so far in Vegas, both Ebanks and Caracter look promising. Expect the Lakers to add both to the training camp roster in early October.
In the meantime they'll just keep at it.

他们两个到现在为止,在夏季联赛的表现都很好,预计湖人队都会把他们加入到10月训练营名单,要是他们一直保持着这样的水平的话。

"Not settling. Not settling for a little bit of success with what's going on here," said Caracter. "Keeping my faith in God first and continuing to keep working hard and everything will fall into place."
“不会妥协的,不能因为有了一点的成功,就觉得一定会在这里的了。”Caracter说道,“我会继续保持着上帝第一的信念,继续保持努力的训练,那一切就是会自然而然的来的了”。
洛杉磯湖人俱樂部 / 如果人間有未來,一定是綠色的。
返回列表