返回列表 回復 發帖

[新聞] Manchester United 官方网站的英文新闻~~~<更新每一天>

,  描述: Ψ 谢绝讨论 Ψ
Hargreaves makes his mark

Owen Hargreaves has been "perfect" on and off the field since arriving at Old Trafford from Bayern Munich, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

And the United boss expects plenty more to come from his tireless new signing as soon as he completely shakes off the tendonitis problem that hindered the start to his Reds career.

The 26-year-old, who is currently away on England duty, has clearly impressed in United's last three matches, earning ManUtd.com's Man of the Match vote in each of the games against Manchester City, his debut, and the wins over Tottenham Hotspur and Sunderland. And it isn't only the fans that have been impressed with the Canadian-born midfield man, Sir Alex has been thrilled with his input, too.

"The first thing is, he's a fantastically disciplined professional," the boss tells the latest issue of Inside United, on sale now.

"You can tell he's been brought up well: his good manners, the way he goes about the place, everything's perfect about the boy. It's just a pity the tendonitis in his knee held up his debut."

[ ????? wlt1110 ? 2007-9-6 07:34 PM ?? ]

[ 本帖最後由 wlt1110 於 2007-11-26 02:08 PM 編輯 ]

評分次數

• HIDE

Patience will be rewarded

Sir Alex Ferguson has told the squad's fringe players not to get disheartened by a lack of games, insisting their patience will be rewarded.

Competition for places is fierce within a United squad further bolstered by the signings of Owen Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson and Carlos Tevez.

Although the departures of Alan Smith, Gabriel Heinze, Kieran Richardson and Giuseppe Rossi, plus the retirement of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, have reduced numbers slightly, Sir Alex remains spoilt for choice for his starting eleven when everyone is fit.

The United boss maintains that every player will be given their chance to shine this season and is confident they will reap their rewards by remaining patient.

"We have to have players here who understand the dynamics of the operation of the club. When we’re going for everything, some of them will have to be patient. They’re going to get chances, and play games, and in those matches they can be important players," he told Inside United Magazine.

"It’s a challenge for me and the staff to make sure we’re being fair and picking the right team. It’s also a challenge for the players to show loyalty to us, and if they don’t think that we’re being fair, then they have every right to come and see me. The door is always open.

"Look at players like Phil Neville and Nicky Butt. For three or four years they weren’t regular starters, but they loved the club, they were patient and prepared to accept that they wouldn’t play every game, but they always got 20-odd games a season. You can’t do it forever, and you have to be fair to them, and let them move on when they want to.

"I mean, Nicky and Phil can sit back and think: “I’ve got eight or nine medals from my time there, which is a fantastic achievement."

"Nicky played in the European Cup final, mainly because of the suspensions of Keane and Scholes. Phil played in the 1996 FA Cup final
against Liverpool, Gary didn’t make that one, he was on the subs’ bench. Those are great rewards for being patient."

Sir Alex also has an abundance of young talent on which to call upon following the return of a number of the players from loan spells.

"I think we’ve got a terrific bunch with Dong, Campbell, Martin, Gibson, Eagles – who has come on unbelievably well – Pique, Evans, Simpson… they’re all excellent," said the boss.

"The hardest thing will be to manage the situation, but we have plans that’ll ensure they get enough football."

06/09/2007 06:52, Report by Gemma Thompson
Eight Reds among world's finest

Eight United players have been named among the top 100 footballers in the world in a list compiled by FourFourTwo magazine.

Cristiano Ronaldo, United's outstanding player in the title-winning 2007/08 campaign, was pipped to first place by AC Milan's Brazilian midfielder Kaka, who was the key figure in the Italian side's Champions League success last term.

Portuguese star Ronaldo, who made a clean sweep of English football's individual accolades last season, did edge out Barcelona trio, Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Lionel Messi in the list's top five.

Wayne Rooney was the next highest-placed Red in eighth, while Paul Scholes came in at 12, Rio Ferdinand 24th, Ryan Giggs 29th, Owen Hargreaves 52nd, Nemanja Vidic 78th and Gary Neville in 85th spot.

Ronaldo's prominent placing in the list is a stark reminder of the qualities United have been missing on the field in recent weeks.

The 22-year-old hasn't played since being shown a red card in the Reds' 1-1 draw with Portsmouth last month. But, having served the last of a three-match suspension against Sunderland, he will make a welcome return in the Premier League clash with Everton at Goodison Park next Saturday.
Owen sent for a scan

Owen Hargreaves was sent for a scan on an injured thigh on Wednesday night ahead of England's must-win Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Russia.

The United midfielder trained away from the rest of his England colleagues on Tuesday, before rejoining the main group on Wednesday. However, a new problem developed during the session which prompted the England medical team to send him for a scan. With doubts over the fitness of Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and now Hargreaves, United team-mate Michael Carrick could line up in the Three Lions midfield. They are joined by fellow Reds Wes Brown and Rio Ferdinand in Steve McClaren's squad.
Nani and Cristiano Ronaldo are both named in the Portuguese squad to face crucial games against Poland, who have Reds' goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak in their squad, and Nemanja Vidic's Serbia on Saturday and next Wednesday respectively. The Serbs will first face a must-win home clash with Finland on Saturday.
Patrice Evra's France face a daunting trip to world champions Italy on Saturday, before hosting Scotland - led by Darren Fletcher - a week on Wednesday. The Scots face a home clash with Lithuania before travelling to Paris, however, and could make up ground on the group leaders before they meet.

Holland should have record appearance-maker Edwin van der Sar back in goal when they face Bulgaria and Albania - sides who sandwich them in Group G.
Despite missing the start of the season with a groin injury, Jonny Evans will link up with Northern Ireland's squad to face Latvia and Iceland. John O'Shea and Darron Gibson, meanwhile, have
been included in the Republic of Ireland squad to face Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

05/09/2007 13:21, Report by Steve Bartram
Papers: Reds eye Barca star

06/09/2007 07:58
Now Sir Alex seeks Barca starlet
Sir Alex Ferguson is targeting Barcelona's Giovani Dos Santos. The United boss, who has already signed Portuguese star Nani and Brazilian Anderson, is also looking to bring in 18-year-old Mexican Dos Santos. Barca are looking to tie him to a longer contract which would increase his £20m buy-out clause. But reports in the Daily Mirror suggest that Dos Santos' performances have attracted interest across Europe and he has switched agents to Jorge Mendes who also looks after Chelsea boss Jose Mouirino and has already dealt with United before. Barcelona sporting director Tixiki Berguristain said: "It's normal for a player of his talent to receive interest from other clubs. But I'm calm and confident he will sign a new contract here."
Daily Mail

Elsewhere, the press go to town on a number of topics Sir Alex spoke about at a question and answer session in Glasgow on Tuesday, Jaap Stam's sale being one. InThe Mirror the manager says he was wrong to sell the Dutchman in 2001. "In playing terms, it was a mistake because he's still playing for Ajax at a good level. But £16.5m for a centre-back who was 29… it was an offer I couldn't refuse." The manager is also quoted as saying David Beckham was "never the same" after his marriage to Victoria Adams.

Moving to matters on the pitch, and it seems bad news for Owen Hargreaves, who looks set to miss England's Euro 2008 qualifier with Israel on Saturday after injuring his hamstring during training.

Brazil legend Rivaldo says Reds starlet Anderson needs time to develop his precocious ability. Says the former World Player of the Year: "He's a huge talent, but you need to be patient. He's young and has the qualities to be a great player, but his development should be controlled, with everything done calmly."

Round up by Nick Coppack
05/09/2007 10:14, Report by Gemma Thompson

Simpson agrees new deal

Reds' defender Danny Simpson has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until 2010.

The 20-year-old, who joined in July 2003, spent last season out on loan, gaining significent first team experience along the way.

After a successful four-month spell at Royal Antwerp at the start of the 2006/07 campaign, Simpson was snapped up by Sunderland boss Roy Keane for the remainder of the season.

Simpson, along with fellow United loanee Jonny Evans, became an integral part of the Black Cats defence as Keane's side clinched promotion to the Premier League.

Simpson is now a fully fledged member of United's first team squad following some impressive displays in pre-season.
Cathcart on Royal rise
07/09/2007 10:46, Report by Ben Hibbs

Young Belfast-born centre-half Craig Cathcart is being tipped to make a rapid rise up the ranks after joining Royal Antwerp on loan.

The highly-rated 18-year-old Reds defender has joined the Belgian club on loan until January, following a path trodden by a number of young United players, including compatriot and Old Trafford team-mate Jonny Evans.

Evans, who had a successful spell helping Sunderland to promotion from the Championship last season, is staying at Old Trafford this season with first-team opportunities likely to come his way.

Now Northern Ireland Under-21 boss Roy Millar hopes Cathcart's move to Antwerp will prove as big a success as it did for Evans, who made his international debut for the senior squad last term before even appearing in United's first-team.

"Going to Antwerp will be good for Craig and it will help his development," said Millar. "We all saw how much Jonny came on when he went to Belgium and got first team football.

"Hopefully Craig will make as much of a success of his time there as there is no doubt he is a talented defender."
07/09/2007 07:14, Report by Ben Hibbs

Andrei: Giggs can keep going

Former Reds winger Andrei Kanchelskis says Ryan Giggs can keeping on playing for years to come because he is one of the game's consummate professionals.

At 33, Giggs is still flying high some 16 years since making his United debut. In that time he has won just about every trophy the game has to offer and is now just 39 matches away from overtaking Sir Bobby Charlton as United's all-time highest appearance maker.

Kanchelskis, who ended his playing career last season at the age of 38, says there is no reason why Giggs cannot do the same.

"I don't find it incredible at all that Ryan is still performing at the top level," said Kanchelskis, in Manchester to play for the Reds in the Masters Grand Final on Sunday. "Ryan has always been a great professional who has looked after himself properly. If you are professional in your life and concentrate your efforts in training and matches then you can go on and on.

"I only finished last season at 38. I didn't want to drop down the divisions in Russia so I retired at the top level. I think Ryan will do the same. But it won't be yet. If I can play to 38, why can't he? Maybe he will play for another four or five years yet. At the moment I don't see any reason why not."

Giggs' should this week be feeling the benefits of his decision to retire from international football, recharging his batteries in a two-week break from United action. And Kanchelskis, who still watches United's matches from his home in Moscow, has been impressed with how well the Welshman has preserved his talents. "I see a lot of Premiership football and watch United a lot," he added. "Ryan is still fast and clever. He is still definitely good enough for that level."

07/09/2007 09:44, Report by Gemma Thompson

Pat in no-win situation

Patrice Evra admits he cannot win ahead of France's Euro 2008 qualifier with Scotland next week after being told by Sir Alex Ferguson not to ruin his country's chances of qualifying.

Following a daunting trip to Italy on Saturday, the French, who are currently top of Group B, host a Scotland side led by Evra's United team-mate Darren Fletcher at the Parc des Princes next Wednesday.

And Evra says he has been warned by the United boss not to report back to Carrington if France put any dent in Scotland's qualifying hopes.

"I had a chat with Sir Alex just before I left for France about the qualifying games," Evra told the Daily Record. "He wished me all the best, told me to go out there and do myself proud but then left me with one final message.

"He said, 'Don't dare beat Scotland. I don't want you to come back here if you do'.

"We then had a little joke about the game but I get the feeling I can't win. If I come back having won the game he won't be happy but if I lose he will wind me up."

Despite leading the way in the group, Evra has warned his French team-mates against complacency going into their qualifying double-header.
"It's a huge game for us. Everyone is talking about the Italy match as being the game but my mind isn't only on Italy, it's also on Scotland," insisted the United left-back.

"We can't afford to relax if we come back from Italy with three points because it won't count for anything if we then go on to lose to Scotland in Paris.

"There are still four teams very much in contention for qualifying and we have to do our job by trying to get six points from two games."

Papers: Rio's Euro mission
07/09/2007 07:11

Gloating boss spurs on Rio
So what, Rio Ferdinand is asked, would be the worst thing about failing to qualify for next year's European Championship? "The smirk," says the England defender. The smirk? The smirk, Ferdinand explains, would belong to Sir Alex Ferguson and would greet all those who return to Manchester United from a conquered England camp. It would be there, along with the Scotland the Brave ringtone on Ferguson's mobile phone, and his sense of elation that some of his precious superstars would be having a summer off. "Walking into the training ground at United and seeing the manager would kill me, to be honest," says Ferdinand.
Matt Lawton, Daily Mail

United legend Sir Bobby Charlton believes England’s players lack the belief to win a major tournament. "They have got to get into a mindset of winning," he said. "You have to have the desire to win a major tournament and the faith in yourself that you can win it."

In other news, German legend Franz Beckenbauer believes Michael Ballack should have joined Manchester United instead of Chelsea. "There was a space available for his position with Manchester United and he would have fitted into their system perfectly," insisted Beckenbauer.
Papers: Boss backs Carlos
05/09/2007 07:39

Queiroz given Ferguson approval
Sir Alex Ferguson last night said his assistant Carlos Queiroz would be a strong contender to replace him as Manchester United manager when he retired, but he gave no indication when that would be. Queiroz, now in his second spell as Ferguson's assistant at Old Trafford after an unsuccessful interim season as Real Madrid manager in 2003-04, has admitted he would like to succeed the 65-year-old Scot, who took charge at Old Trafford in November 1986. "Thankfully I don't have to make the decision," said Ferguson, who was speaking to an audience at the Citizens Theatre in Glasgow. "I have a great assistant and I think he will be a strong candidate. The thing is I have not made my mind up when I'm retiring. It's a difficult one. The important thing is to leave a good team. The present team is very, very good but they will get better."
Gavin McCafferty, The Guardian
In other news, Ryan Giggs wants 11 Premier League title wins to match his Manchester United shirt number. In an exclusive interview with Inside United magazine, Giggs said: "It would be nice to get to 10 titles — but it would be nicer to get to 11. I don’t want to be greedy but that is my shirt number, so that is what I am aiming for.
Cristiano Ronaldo was the only Premier League representative on Ronaldinho's list of the world's five best players. "I love to watch Cristiano go one-to-one against a player because he confuses defenders," Ronaldinho told FourFourTwo magazine. "Cristiano is more of a team player now. He is less selfish but still provides moments of skill which can change a game."
Round up by Gemma Thompson
Papers: Reds eye Barca star
06/09/2007 07:58

Now Sir Alex seeks Barca starlet
Sir Alex Ferguson is targeting Barcelona's Giovani Dos Santos. The United boss, who has already signed Portuguese star Nani and Brazilian Anderson, is also looking to bring in 18-year-old Mexican Dos Santos. Barca are looking to tie him to a longer contract which would increase his £20m buy-out clause. But reports in the Daily Mirror suggest that Dos Santos' performances have attracted interest across Europe and he has switched agents to Jorge Mendes who also looks after Chelsea boss Jose Mouirino and has already dealt with United before. Barcelona sporting director Tixiki Berguristain said: "It's normal for a player of his talent to receive interest from other clubs. But I'm calm and confident he will sign a new contract here."
Daily Mail

Elsewhere, the press go to town on a number of topics Sir Alex spoke about at a question and answer session in Glasgow on Tuesday, Jaap Stam's sale being one. InThe Mirror the manager says he was wrong to sell the Dutchman in 2001. "In playing terms, it was a mistake because he's still playing for Ajax at a good level. But £16.5m for a centre-back who was 29… it was an offer I couldn't refuse." The manager is also quoted as saying David Beckham was "never the same" after his marriage to Victoria Adams.

Moving to matters on the pitch, and it seems bad news for Owen Hargreaves, who could miss England's Euro 2008 qualifier with Israel on Saturday after suffering a thigh strain during training.

Brazil legend Rivaldo says Reds starlet Anderson needs time to develop his precocious ability. Says the former World Player of the Year: "He's a huge talent, but you need to be patient. He's young and has the qualities to be a great player, but his development should be controlled, with everything done calmly."
Round up by Nick Coppack
07/09/2007 18:49

Ryan meets his match

United winger Ryan Giggs married long-term partner Stacey Cooke in Manchester on Friday afternoon.

Ryan and Stacey tied the knot in an intimate ceremony, joined by close friends and family - including their two children, Liberty and Zach.

Everybody at Manchester United would like to offer their congratulations to the happy couple.

07/09/2007 15:43, Report by Nick Coppack

Whiteside's Wembley words

In the days leading up to the Reds' trip to Goodison Park on Saturday 15 September, ManUtd.com will publish four extracts from Norman Whiteside's new book, Determined: The Autobiography.

Whiteside, who played 274 times for United between 1982 and 1989, is often remembered for his stunning extra-time goal in the 1985 FA Cup final against Everton. In these extracts, Whiteside offers unique insight into what was going through his mind on that memorable day.

ManUtd.com also has five prize packs to give away, each containing a signed replica shirt from the 1985 FA Cup final and a signed copy of Whiteside's autobiography. For your chance of winning, visit the Polls & Competitions page.

Keep your eyes peeled! Part One goes up on Monday 10 September.

07/09/2007 07:59, Report by Nick Coppack

Euro rivals: AS Roma

Stadium: Roma share the Stadio Olimpico with fierce rivals S.S. Lazio. An impressive ground, the stadium holds 82,656 people and features enormous tiers topped by 60 white marble statues in commemoration of 60 athletes
Manager: Luciano Spaletti's managerial career began with a bang when he led Empoli into Serie A with two successive promotions. He then had spells at Sampdoria, Venezia, Udinese (twice) and Ancona before joining Roma in 2005, where Spaletti is credited with transforming the team into an attacking force. His influence was recognised by the Italian FA when he won the prestigious Serie A Coach of the Year award in 2006.

Star men:
Not only is Italian centre forward Francesco Totti one of the most feared strikers in the league, he's also been at the club since 1989 when he joined as a junior. He's now Roma's record appearance maker and goal scorer. Elsewhere, watch out for playmakers Daniele De Rossi and Brazilian Mancini, as well as winger Ludovic Giuly, who signed from FC Barcelona in the summer.

Last season:
Roma finished second in Group D, two points behind Valencia and comfortably in front of Shakhtar Donetsk and Olympiacos. The Italians then disposed of French champions Lyon to progress to the quarter finals, where they met Manchester United. Things were looking up after a 2-1 win in the first leg, but then...

Last time we met:
10 April, 2007. United 7 AS Roma 1. Oh, what a night! Skirmishes outside the ground made for an electric atmosphere, but nobody could have predicted what was to follow on the pitch. In a stunning display of attacking football, United roared into a four-goal lead by half-time. Further strikes from Michael Carrick, Cristiano Ronaldo and Patrice Evra capped a perfect night.
返回列表