返回列表 回復 發帖

what do you think about BOSE speakers?

,  描述: bose?
What do you think about Bose speakers? I am interested in buying a couple as it seems to save space... but am new to this...
depend how much u want to spand ,bose speaker so so
thanks.. they do seem a bit pricey... is there a brand I could get for a similar quality of sound?
Made is China...quality is not very good, just buy the brand name
I think it is a bit over-price
it is over price
I've been used Bose Companion 2 for more than 6 years, it just a perfect partner with my desktop PC you never regret
It all depends on what you plan to use it for. As PC speaker they should be fine. As for home theatre, I wouldn't recommend it. It then again depends on how much space you have...
with the same sort of money, you can get something sounds a lot more better.

In the audiophile world, BOSE is very very very overpriced and not sounding good at all.
Like everyone said, it's overpriced for the sound.  You're pretty much paying for its industrial design.  I have it in my living room because I want to have a neat/clean look, we always watch movies with another setup.
B&O LA ~
本帖最後由 pierokwong 於 2013-3-25 06:59 AM 編輯

Finally back with my computer and I can give you more detailed response.

In the audiophile world, BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment.  I am not making this up, if you have a quick research, you will see why almost 100% people around the audiophile cycle will stay away from BOSE.  They are just some overprice marketing gimmick.  

Solid example:

1)  If you go into a BOSE shop and ask for a spec of the speakers.  Like the frequency response range.  See what's the sales person will tell you?  Answer is "NO, BOSE don't provide that information, that is not relevance to our product as we trust in the listening experience more rather than figures on paper".

You go shopping for some audio equipment.  How can a company not giving you the specification of the product?  Like buying a car, but you don't know what features is available and how much horse power you are going to get.  Like ordering a dish from restaurant but you don't know what's ingredient or whether it is spicy or not.

BOSE don't give you the spec simply because they truly understand if you look at those numbers, you will either walk away, or you will go buy something much nicer with a similar price range.  

Even a simple set of Logitech speakers will give you the spec.  

2)  Complete missing in the mid frequency.  

Even though BOSE is emphasis on the "listening experience", but if you have a half decent experience on listening to a proper home theatre setup, you will realise BOSE speaker only emphasis in the high and low tone, but the mid tone complete gone missing.  

Mid tone is very important for music & movie.  Mid tone is the dialog / conversation.  

3)  Sample tracks you can listen in any BOSE retailer or shop.

BOSE do require every retailer or shop to setup their speakers display in a specific way, in favour of their surround experience.  On top of that, BOSE require their retailer not putting ANY other brand of speakers and system near their BOSE setup.  

Reason why??  Just simply because BOSE don't want you to compare to other speakers.

Also most of the sample tracks are in favour of the high and low tone, like explosion scenes in movie, Drum solo at concerts, people cheering in a sport stadium.  Any track with a proper conversation or singing?  Guarantee you, NOT from BOSE.  Guarantee you BOSE will play it out loud and make you feel like you are in the explosion, that's why you are not aware the mid range is completely missing.

Coz BOSE totally understand they don't have any mid channel / tone / frequency response.  That's why BOSE restrict their retailer or shops, and you can't compare them side by side.  That's why BOSE don't want their customer can have a fair chance of comparison with something sitting side by side.

Hope this information help.

Cheers,
Piero

www.pierophotography.com.au
try european make speakers, they are usually better than B*ose. believe me I've been there, dome that....lesson learned.
to  ask a question...
i been know bose is not a pro speaker!!but what happen if i can buy then in half price...do u think it worth it??
and anyone know that,why it famous in us??at lase most ppl around me been saying that is good!!
    thx to answer my question !!
本帖最後由 pierokwong 於 2013-5-12 08:26 PM 編輯

Iceeric,

problem about BOSE is, if you go for audition, they only keep pushing the volume very high and try to make you feel that it is a fuller sound.

But unfortunately, all bose speakers especially the cube are only a tiny tiny driver in there.  Physically cannot produce any high tone or low mid.  That means you will miss a lot of details in music or movie.  This is just physically impossible for BOSE to achieve decent quality sound.  Ask for the frequency response range, see if BOSE can provide some number for you??  Official answer is "BOSE is about the experience of sound, but not numbers".  That is RUBBISH, BOSE do not want to give a fair chance for consumer to have a well-informed comparison.

To be honest, most logitech THX speakers are performing WAY better than BOSE.  

I had bose before and seriously disappointed.  Even at 1/2 price, I rather go for any logitech THX, guarantee to outperform BOSE.

Not to mention the BOSE receiver unit are way outdated and any decent quality AV receiver in the market perform surround way better than BOSE.

Go for an audition and listen at a normal volume level you usually do, especially with the good quality music you are familiar with.  Prepare to find out many many details gone completely disappeared with BOSE.

Most people said BOSE are good based on the strong marketing BOSE did.  Most of them not even compare BOSE with other normal speaker brand.  (you may ask and check if they know what is Jamo, PSB, B&W, Klipsch ....)  I guess BOSE customer may know B&O only  :p
返回列表