返回列表 回復 發帖

[資訊] 2009 Toyota Venza

2009 Toyota Venza                                                                          

2009 Toyota Venza. Click image to enlarge
Manufacturer’s web site

Toyota Canada

Farmington, Pennsylvania - Brisk weather and stormy skies didn’tprevent the new Toyota Venza from shining at its recent launch in ruralPennsylvania. The Venza features powerful but economical engines, aroomy interior, and in my opinion, is a practical but stylish optionfor families on the move.

Designed and built in North America for this market only, thefive-seat Venza offers consumers an alternative to an SUV or minivan(or a sedan, for that matter) by combining attributes of each of thosevehicles on its Toyota Camry platform.

Two engines are offered: a new 2.7-litre inline-four cylinder(I-4) making 182 horsepower and 182 pounds-feet of torque, and a3.5-litre V6 making 268-hp and 246-lb.ft. of torque. Both engines aremated to six-speed automatic transmissions which use “ArtificialIntelligence Shift Control” to adjust the transmission’s operationdepending on driver input. “Hill-Start Assist Control”, which preventsthe vehicle rolling back when starting on an incline, is standardacross the range.

With the optional towing package, the Venza V6 will tow 3500lbs, while the I-4 will tow 2500 lbs. Both the V6 and I-4 Venza can beordered with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The starting priceis, “under $30,000,” said Toyota Canada Managing Director StevenBeatty. Presumably, this would refer to the I-4 version withfront-wheel drive.

The exterior design of the Venza is perhaps what sets it apartfrom other crossover-style vehicles, as it features a particularlysleek profile. Its alloy wheels are large (19-inch for the I-4, and20-inch for the V6) and its waistline is high, which gives Venza asubstantial but modern appearance.

The Venza is slightly longer and not quite as tall as a FordEdge or Nissan Murano, which are two models that buyers for this typeof vehicle may also consider. Significantly, the difference of only afew centimetres makes the Venza look less boxy. In fact, the Venza’sexterior dimensions (length, height) are virtually the same as theVolvo XC-70 wagon, although that vehicle exceeds Venza’s starting priceby a large margin and rides on comparatively small 16-inch or 17-inchwheels. You could, therefore, call the Venza a Camry wagon, if youfocus only on the common platform and familiar profile, but I suspectbuyers will regard it as a better-looking crossover.

Labels aside, the Venza’s innovative features include the“sweeping rocker panels” in which the sills are “set back” into thevehicle to assist with entry and exit, and help prevent soiling clotheswhen doing so. Also, rear-seat legroom is more than sufficient forpassengers to sit for long distances in comfort, while rear seatbacksrecline up to 14 degrees.

Standard equipment includes power heated mirrors, windshieldwiper de-icer, fog lamps, auto up/down power windows, power driver’sseat, auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass, dual zone automaticclimate control, “Optitron” instrumentation with outside temperaturegauge and 8.9-cm (3.5-inch) multi-information display. A full range ofsafety equipment includes electronic stability control (Toyota’sVehicle Stability Control), traction control, anti-lock brakes,hill-start assist, and seven airbags.

Available features include a back-up camera, navigation system(only with V6), power liftgate, automatic high beams, leather seatingsurfaces, JBL Synthesis audio system and all-wheel drive, as alreadymentioned, which automatically distributes torque between 100 per centfront/0 per cent rear to 55 per cent front/45 per cent rear, asconditions require. A DVD entertainment system is not on the optionlist.

The Venza’s interior is designed to maximize storage spacewithout encroaching on occupant comfort. You’ll find very little“unused” space in the vehicle — everything is utilized by adding adoor, a sliding cover, a compartment or a tray, so that when you sit inthe Venza, you immediately encounter an abundance of places to putwhatever odds and ends you may be carrying.

This goes for the cargo area as well. Its low floor and evensurfaces make loading bulky items easy, and the optional power liftgate(only available with the Venza V6) is something that owners willquickly regard as a necessity. Remote rear seat release levers willalso be appreciated.

The interior design is very pleasant, with a variety of newcloth fabrics and surfaces contributing to an inviting, freshenvironment. A partially fixed, full-length sunroof is available tofurther brighten the cabin. There area also handy DC and AC powerpoints and an auxiliary jack for portable music players.

Instrumentation features large bright numbers, and themulti-function display can be set to regular and large font. All themajor controls are intuitive and positioned for easy access, and theglossy faux carbon-fibre trim found in the four-cylinder models (eventhough it’s brown, rather than black) is actually nicer than thewood-like trim found in the more expensive Venza V6.

Out of place among the tidy, precise gauges and controls is aplus-size gear shift knob that protrudes inelegantly from the centrestack. One wonders why a chunky mechanical device like this is evenneeded when everything else is flush-mounted and electronic. It seemslike a “survival” from another era.

On the road, Venza offers a comfortable ride, a high seatingposition and good handling, although it felt a little heavy underbraking, and the smallish rear window restricts vision behind thevehicle. The I-4 drones somewhat when accelerating (reminiscent of aCVT transmission, which this is not), but is inaudible once up tospeed. I drove with three adults in both versions and found power wasmore than adequate from the I-4 and V6, however the V6 is silky smoothin all situations. And surprisingly, there’s not much difference infuel economy between the engines, even when factoring in FWD vs AWD.The two extremes are 8.5 L/100km (33 mpg) combined city/highway for theI-4 FWD, and 9.9 L/100km (29 mpg) combined city/highway for the V6 AWD.

The transmission is notable for Uphill/Downhill Shift Logic,which means that when climbing a hill, the transmission is “held” in alower gear for optimum performance. When descending a hill, thetransmission automatically downshifts to a lower gear to help maintaina prudent speed. In the hilly terrain around Farmington, this featurewas particularly evident and effective.

Although the Venza has a sleek appearance and big, stylishwheels, it is very much a family-type vehicle that will find its homein the suburbs. As Mr. Beatty said at the Venza’s introduction here,“Venza is not about horsepower or cavernous space.” In other words,you’re not going to blow the doors off your neighbour’s German sportsedan, or haul seven people and their hockey gear in a Venza. But youwill very comfortably carry five people when required in aneye-catching vehicle that makes sense on the morning commute, at theHome Depot parking lot, or for an evening out.

The Venza may be a perfect compromise for the family decidingbetween, let’s say, a Camry V6 sedan and a practical Sienna minivan (orHighlander). “Empty-nesters,” or buyers with older children will findit a versatile vehicle that adapts to all or most of their needs (thelonged-for two-seat roadster will require a separate purchase…).

What I would like to see are standard heated seats, navigationavailable on four-cylinder models (not all I-4 buyers are “budget”buyers), Bluetooth standard on all models, and a more discreet shifter.
谢谢你的资料。
不错的休闲车
返回列表