返回列表 回復 發帖

[貼圖] Do you think the images look better with the faux matt?

單選投票, 共有 1 人參與投票

您所在的用戶組沒有投票權限
I've just learned how to put faux matt on my prints making them look like mounted on double/triple matt.
Do you think the images look better with the faux matt?

IMHO framing looks better with prints than on a computer display, if you must frame, i think simple is best.  usually frames/borders are used only for adding signatures so it doesn't detract from the overall image aesthetics, when people don't want to mark directly onto the photograph.  there's a small advantage to framing, which is to direct the eyes to the center of the frame, but i think for viewing online, i'd rather not make the photo even smaller than the pixel size restrictions already determined by most people's monitor sizes or certain forum/website's set restrictions (eg. facebook has some pretty disgusting size restrictions and a really piss poor shrinking algorithm, do you really want to add a border to that?)

just my 2 pence.  ^_^
moxfactor,

Thanks for the comment. I share your view regarding the difference on on screen vs actual print presentation.

I think the faux matt technique offers two advantages:

1. Let me determine the color combination of the real matt. That's a real time saver.

2. In club competition where actual prints are presented, the faux matt can give a feeling that the print was actually mounted. So, I can present a 12x15 image on a 16x20 print with the faux matt. It will help to make the image stand out.
oh, if you've got print in mind as the final step, of course it's a big help...  i thought this was purely a online display issue.  in terms of competition, i mostly stick with printing with white border(trim size depends on the photos), then mounting onto black or pastel cardboard for the effect(pastels because white on white looks weird, bright colour cardboards look hideous, and they can never get the shading right on dark colours).  my personal choice is against the top beveled layer, but of course, it's a matter of personal aesthetics.
返回列表