返回列表 回復 發帖

Turtle Eggs - stolen!

本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2010-4-6 04:47 AM 編輯
" m0 G) F1 ^  C: b+ E/ NTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb& R6 {* t. T$ ^4 [7 B4 I& C
I got these pictures emailed from a friend.  This is what is happening in Costa Rica, it got to stop, or there will be no more turtles left over there in a few years time, not to mention for the next generation. tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! K7 h0 ^; u. u( S$ l
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb8 ^% X4 I3 t' |+ g+ v, s/ O
0 f5 m* m- Y/ X: e) K* Z/ N$ T
   border=0 />  3 C3 H6 Z  J, V+ D

. y/ X% Z! F$ }' o& \) ]% CTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
) d1 {6 S; t( p) m; H1 hTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。    公仔箱論壇1 x9 }5 b2 s: E
公仔箱論壇5 g/ a2 C9 d3 Q0 a( |
本帖最後由 kimmi8k 於 2010-4-6 02:18 PM 編輯
  q' E$ y$ H* A. k8 r6 Gtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
" S, p  z* k6 g. H- G6 `( KWhy is this ugly sight, truth being so very ugly n without compassion n respect 4 life ? Look as this vulnerable turtles, using every effort n might, releasing every energy cells laying all the eggs, hoping 2 see their off springs running, playing n swimming in health. Why all these stealing n robbing of lives unborn yet ? 4 me I do not eat shark fins at all, even if it is considered very good n expensive. Cos' I can't imagined myself wanting 2 eat shark fin, n a healthy big shark has to sacrifice its life 4 me. Ever since I found out tt after searing off / fins of / shark, they throw / shark back into / ocean n r left 2 died w time, I stopped eating.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。: c8 K- W8 s+ g, [" C7 N

8 ^+ Y+ h0 I/ |2 e3 g  R- D But, / government n country has 2 educate its nation n country on / importance of protecting endangered species, n how to prevent extinction of / wild survivors with wild life campaigns.Talking is cheap, helping more worthwhile. Norman my heart just dropped rock bottom looking at these helpless beings laying there not being able 2 do anything looking on at thieves stealing n robbing at bright daylight. I'll definitely say a prayer even though I ain't a religious soul. Promise!

評分次數

• k23bb

friends r not a big thing, it is a million small things
This is the most Ugly thing I ever see in the earth planet. I thought Costa Rica is one of the "greenest" country in the world. Are you sure they are trying to steal the eggs for profit? Are they trying to save and protect the eggs? Shame on them to steal the eggs.
本帖最後由 kimmi8k 於 2010-4-6 11:12 PM 編輯
: P" [( T4 _6 G5 wwww.tvboxnow.com' y  M# T6 l9 K' e8 I
My heart just won't rest tonite, after looking at this pics tt Norman posted. Wished all our nature mapping friends, would spend just one second in quietude n say a prayer for this poor helpless turtle. My heart ...like just fallen into abyss, in / valley of fear n death, perhaps tt's what's in / back of / mind of mother turtle too ay! tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb' l4 K) L6 H  }; R$ q7 C% m

1 v6 p% Z' c) ~! J0 q, V# Twww.tvboxnow.com Many of / eggs wld fall prey as fd 2 birds n other wild life, n even if they r hatched, many wld be victims 2 'hunters' preying in / wild life kingdom. Perhaps many wld not even live 4 many days or weeks. N / stealin' at bright day light, is such a nauseating sight, totally disgusting, wld not even spare a life W perhaps stand only a 50/50% chance 4 one first breath on planet earth. If only / society n this world has a little compassion our environment wld have greener pastures, life more in agreement w nature, n we wld enjoy a more healthy, happy life in tranquility.
( }& l- h8 E, N" CTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
# K/ Q$ k5 ]- v2 B/ w$ N9 C公仔箱論壇Green pastures r not only found in concrete jungles of skyscrapers n neon lights, as believed, preached by man made prophets. It's in our ability 2 live n let live. (strictly personal views only)公仔箱論壇  I0 h6 \, l: X; `# B
friends r not a big thing, it is a million small things
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2010-4-6 02:35 PM 編輯
5 q% O- {9 p+ v5 Iwww.tvboxnow.comTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。2 ]! ]/ n4 S+ W  f8 D& ^
3# chowold2
; F1 z2 ?* v) ]  n5 m5 L公仔箱論壇
& }" t5 B6 l, ^% p. z公仔箱論壇I hope its true that they are just collecting the eggs for incubation.  But that doesn't make sense to me.  Over here, on one of the island near the Great Barrier Reef, where sea turtles lay their eggs, no one would disturbe them.  And when the little turtlies are hatched, the resort would make sure all the artificial lighting facing the beach are off, so the turtlies wouldn't get lost following the artificial lights.
I thought turtle lay eggs at night?  In Malaysia its a tourists attration to watch them lay eggs in the dark, silently, not disturbing them.  Malaysia they also saved the hatched turtle but not the egg I think.  
0 M: A+ g) e% s& X公仔箱論壇Thank goodness I dont eat sharkfin either.
Here, the sea turtles come onto the beach during both the day and night, they dig holes in the sand, lay a dozen eggs, cover the holes back by flipping sand back to cover the hole with their hind legs.  Then they swim back to sea.  The eggs hatch naturally with the sun warming up the sand, and the little turtles usually start crawling toward the sea at night to avoid predators.
在下對當地的經濟並不熟悉;但是用簡單的推斷;若果經濟富裕;自然會保障它們;TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。' `) t. s, m2 ^$ M- ?5 y
但是若果當地人經濟差;生活都成問題;那是無可奈何了.........
今天的我不是昨天的我,我溶入黑夜;並將喜悅遺忘
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2010-4-7 08:36 PM 編輯
# p1 x1 y! [4 E; G: O- t8 p公仔箱論壇
" H: B4 B8 F) S) G# X公仔箱論壇 8# playlord
0 p# d) U3 F. M" S* f公仔箱論壇公仔箱論壇$ k9 c9 I' ~4 ^7 Z
I can understand your sentiment.  But looking at the huge quantity of eggs that were being taken, there must be a market for it.  And the local are too ignorant about the serious consequence.  By the way, Costa Rica is not a poor country at all.  Its a really beautiful place, many upmarket resorts, full of American tourist.  So, I think there must be plenty other alternative for the locals to make a reasonable living.  Stealing turtle eggs is just being opportunistic  to make some quick spare money.
9# norman.ho TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。( K2 A6 Z0 i' A* T5 v
貪婪是人類對地球最大的罪惡
今天的我不是昨天的我,我溶入黑夜;並將喜悅遺忘
10# playlord : P* g  k! U! s' U! _6 J: f! X
我同意“貪婪是人類對地球最大的罪惡”很多有錢人都會逃稅,只希望不論偷錢或偷旦都得到應得的刑罰.
this is what i found somewhere...
# z/ K$ F4 g$ B+ B* G' z6 lTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。公仔箱論壇1 y* S) z5 _5 Y* @+ z. ~1 P# N9 l: R
Every picture tells a story, they say. However, just how accurate and relevant that story may be is dependant on the context in which the picture appears and the preconceptions and expectations of the viewer. Things are not always what they seem.www.tvboxnow.com# }: C$ l- w3 ^, ^4 q/ v! p

. m5 ]0 J. E8 H0 T- b9 twww.tvboxnow.comThis widely circulated series of images depicting the collection of turtle eggs from a beach in Costa Rica is a case in point. The photographs themselves are perfectly genuine and they certainly do show the harvesting of turtle eggs. However, this egg harvest is not an illegal poaching operation nor is it an environmentally destructive "attack against nature" as suggested in the text that accompanies these photographs.0 u8 {$ V- x# s2 ^3 k7 ?0 X
公仔箱論壇3 a4 _3 o- X1 y$ v4 u4 m0 g
Instead, the turtle egg harvest is an important part of a long-term environmental project developed and managed by the Costa Rican government. The photographs show an egg harvest by villagers at Ostional beach, a remote community near Punta Gurones on Costa Rica's Pacific coast. In 1983, the Costa Rican government created the Ostional Wildlife Refuge in the area and later initiated the Egg Harvest Project (EHP). The EHP allowed villagers to continue their traditional practice of harvesting eggs while furthering the long term goal of assisting in the conservation and recovery of the Olive Ridley turtle species. The harvests are strictly controlled, with villagers only allowed to take eggs within the first day and a half of each egg laying event, known as an "arribada". An article about the Olive Ridley turtle published on the Ocean Actions website notes:TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。1 V7 f1 Z: h# l
- A( A7 O1 f* L* K) ?7 [
    The capacity of the half mile Ostional beach is insufficient for the large number of nesting turtles and as a result many clutches are destroyed in the nesting process. As thousands upon thousands of Olive Ridley turtles climb on to a stretch of Playa Ostional, 70-80% of previously laid nests are crushed or dug up during the subsequent nesting. It is for this reason that the Egg Harvest Project is justified. Villagers wait and watch, harvesting the eggs laid in the first day and half of the arribada.
% S3 X! z) o* [2 iTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。' Z7 e3 ^+ A& ]' ^, h/ m  E8 F
    Over the years this practice has proven to increase the percentage of successful hatching by as much as 20%. Assessing a sea turtle population is a challenge, but nesting data in Ostional indicate a stable population. A major contribution to the success of the Egg Harvest Project is the lack of decomposing eggs. If the (sic) left unharvested, the early nests that are destroyed by later nesting females act as a source of bacteria that can contaminate the later nests.
Infinity is the Limit for me
Good to hear of your clarification.  We have a similar practice here.  Only the indigenous people are allow to hunt the see turtle for food.  And they only use spears and nets.  There is no fishing trawlers.  Any sea turtle caught by other fisherman must be released immediately.  They have no commercial value here, as it is illegal to sell them.
Yes, I am right. Thank you bechew
Chowold2, you meant "you are right again"?
返回列表